Welcome to www.ForcePrepare.com
Your tool for Salesforce.com Certification
home | tutorial | Mock Exam
Force.com development platform
home | tutorial | Mock Exam
- Salesforce provides two type of licenses
Feature licenses can be purchased for additional features such as Marketing User, offline user, Apex mobile user etc. CRM access means access to Standard objects like Cases, Campaigns, Opportunities etc. Platform access means access to Custom and Standard objects.
- Salesforce: full access to CRM standards, Force.com custom and application exchange apps
- Salesforce platform:. Salesforce platform license allows access to custom apps, it does not allow access to online CRM product.
- Force.com platform uses the standard Model View Controller design pattern. The MVC pattern is implemented as below in Force.com platform.
|Model||Object (custom or standard)|
|Controller||Logic written in Apex that controls navigation|
- The Create menu is used to provide the declarative framework of Force.com platform. The Develop menu is used
to provide the programmable framework.
- Page Builder is used to generate user interface for CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations of objects. This user interface
is created automatically by Salesforce and can be used to create reasonably complex applications withot writing VisualForce or Apex code.
- Salesforce allows data types of existing fields to be changed, however this may lead to loss of data.
- When you add a custom object tab, all the following will be accessible with the object:
- Recent items
- Sidebar search
- Added to new link/ Create new object drop down
- To make a field required, there are a few different ways.
- Check the box for required on Object Definition
- Create a Validation Rule
- Specify that the field is required in the Page layout
- Page Layout supports a drag-and-drop interface to develop screens. It allows addition of space and sections, and moving of fields across the screen.
It supports making a field read-only or required.
- There are two type of activities:
- Task: It is related to a record , assigning a task
- Events: Any calendaring event, meeting etc
- A deleted record is stored in recycle bin with an expiry date. Deleted records can be recovered for upto 45 days.
- SOQL stands for Salesforce Object Query Language. SOQL is used for performing queryies on objects.
- SOSL stands for Salesforce Object Search Language. SOSL is used for performing full text search.
- S-controls were used to upload contents such as java applets or active X controls for use in dynamic custom links or web tabs. These have been superseded by visualforce pages. S-controls provide client side programming.
Salesforce provides sandboxes that may be used for development and testing. Full Copy Sandbox allows copies of
metadata/configuration along with all the application data to be copied from production to a sandbox environment.
The sandbox can then be used for testing and simulating reported problems. Record ids in production and full copy
sandbox are also same.
Configuration only sandbox copies all your production organisation’s reports, dashboards but exclude all your organisation’s standard and custom object records, documents and attachments. There is a size limit of 500MB(250,000 records)
Developer sandbox is a special configuration sandbox only for single developer. It also allows copying of metadata and configuration, but not copying of application data. Changes from the active development can be isolated until they are ready to be shared. Size limit is 10MB(5000 records)
Developer edition license does not allow copying of configuration from production developer environment.
Territory Management: It is used to define more than 1 role hierarchy.