Welcome to www.ForcePrepare.com
Your tool for Salesforce.com Certification
home | tutorial | Mock Exam
Admin Certification tutorial
Many of the concepts of Admin and Developer exam are similar. The concepts common to both the exams are -
Application and Tabs
Workflow and Approvals
Objects and database concepts
Reports and Dashboards
In addition there are a few key concepts that are included only in the Admin ADM201 certification
- Setup | Customize | User Interface is used to configure user interface. This is used to configure user interface for all the users.
- A few important settings in the User Interface settings are explained below
|Enable Collapsible Sidebar
||Allows end-users to collapse sidebars.
|Enable New User Interface Theme
||For all end-users, new look-and-feel is enabled
|Enable Inline Editing
||Allows editing of fields in records detail page, without going into the Edit page.
|Enable Hover Details, Enable Related List Hove Links
||Hover or tooltips provide additional information when mouse is placed on an item. These options are used to display record details and display more items in Related List.
|Enable Enhanced Lists
||Provides advanced feature in list view like drag-and-drop and display record count
|Enable Printable List Views
||If enabled a print icon is added to the List page.
- Case is a logged issue or problem. It could also be used to store a question or feedback from the customer. Cases are reported by customers and stored into Salesforce. They may be stored manually by entering information about the problem on Salesforce.com. Or they may be imported into Salesforce.com using utilities –
- Email-to-Case: For importing Cases from emails
- Web-to-Case: For importing Cases from web forms
- The Cases tab in Salesforce has a New button that can be used to manually enter a new Case. This brings up the Case Edit page. This allows user to information about customer’s issue. Information like Contact Name, Problem description and subject, Account name, Case Priority, Case Origin about the issue is logged. Case Origin field tracks how the problem was reported. It can take three values – Phone, email or web. A case number is automatically assigned, when a new case is created.
- The Solutions tab has descriptions of solved cases. Answers to commonly found issues are found in the Solutions tab. A support representative can view/create solutions. Also a support rep can attach solutions to cases – once the answer to an issue is known.
- A record is information about certain element. For example Account record could consist of information about a specific account. A record is made up of fields. So Account record will have fields like Account Name, Account Number etc.
- Related Lists refer to records related to current record (on the same page). So as an example on the Accounts Detail page, a list of all Contacts are displayed.
- The Sidebar on the left of any Salesforce page contains the following information
- Search: To search for text in a specific type of record. So for example search for string “John” in Accounts.
- Create New: To create new records
- Recent Items: is used to view recent records that were viewed by logged-in user
- Recycle Bin: is used to undelete records.
- There are generic settings that are performed at the organization level. These are accessible in Setup via the menu Select Company Profile | Company Information. Key fields that may be set via the Company profile page are
- Organization Name
- Primary contact
- Organization Address
- Default Locale
- Default Language
- Default Time Zone
- Company profile also displays licensing information. An individual may overwrite the default language organization-wide settings.
- Company Profile | Fiscal Year allows administrators to set fiscal calendar. Fiscal calendar settings impacts forecasts and reports. By default, Salesforce uses the calendar year as the fiscal year. Administrator can use this option to configure the start month, or set up a custom fiscal year (say four quarters of 13 weeks).
- Salesforce provides three types of currency settings –
- Corporate Currency – Defined at the organization level. This currency is used by the organization to report its financial results.
- Personal Currency – defined at individual level.
- Record Currency – Defined at the record level
- Currencies are also classified as active and inactive. Inactive currencies are currencies that are no longer used by the organization. Administrator sets the corporate currency, maintains the active currencies, and also defines the conversion rates between other currencies and corporate currencies.
- Multi-currency needs to be enabled by Salesforce. Company Profile | Manage Currencies is used to control multi-currency features like
- Managing the active currency list
- Specifying the corporate currency
- Adding new currency
- Specifying the conversion rates between corporate currency and other currencies
- Salesforce also supports advanced currency management. In the Manage Currencies option, Manage Dated Exchange Rates feature allows currency conversion rate for a specified date range. The exchange rates can be set up to a maximum granularity of once per day. To enable “Dated exchange rates”, an administrator needs to contact Salesforce.
home | tutorial | Mock Exam